frames tables postcards index your description

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Handpainted Nebula Wedges


I found these beauties on tumblr this morning, they're pretty much amazing me. 
They are 100% handpainted shoes using acrylic paints on faux suede heeled wedges. The entire shoe has been finished off with a matt varnish for weather durability, to help them upstand all weather conditions. 

For anyone who is interested they are made by a tiny company called KUSTOM KIX and available to buy here at Etsy.com

They are handpainted when each order is placed and therefore any customisations such as text or images can be easily added to your shoes! Each pair does need a three week gap from ordering to shipping in order for them to be made, but there is no extra charge for customisations! The company also take commissions for different patterns or shoe types!

Like these sneakers here, originally suggested by a customer...



The shoes are made and shipped from France, so it's a £6 fee to france, a £13.50 charge to the EU, and a £20 ($35) to the rest of the world. 

AVAILABLE IN THOSE SIZES:
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (USA size)
36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 (European size)
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (UK size)

I personally think they are quite possibly the most amazing things I have ever seen, and the fact that they are handpainted and £113! ($180) is boggling to me, come pay day I will definitely be buying these for my upcoming trip to Paris!

What do you think? Do you have any other internet finds? 

Sophie xo

3 comments:

  1. These are so amazing! I love Etsy b/c it allows artists to get their work out into the world! They are a little steep price wise but I suppose its worth it to have something 100 percent unique!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Galaxy-inspired shoes look amazing! I'd probably never wear them myself, but I definitely find them interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Home Home Home Home