frames tables postcards index your description

Friday 27 May 2011

NYC Foundation Reviews and Beauty Cards

So you've probably seen those posters everywhere and by now are far aware that Superdrug have launched their own version of the Boots Advantage Card, that's called The Beauty Card

So for every £1 that you spend in store you get one point! (although it's 10 points per £1 if you shop online!) So once you have 100 points, you have £1 to spend in store! I think it's great, as I prefer Superdrug so much more to Boots, so am thrilled that they have a loyalty card finally! Although what I think was a rather marvellously intelligent business move, was altering the design of the card so that it doubles as a mirror!
That definitely means that I'll be more likely to keep it in my purse for use, especially when it comes to those rushed mornings of make up application on a train!


So my binging led to me re-discovering the type of make up that I used to love when I was fourteen. N.Y.C. 
I felt that I'd neglected my high street natures a bit lately when it comes to cosmetics, and I was in need of some new foundation so here we go!

I went with the matte collection. The first product is the 'Natural Matte Foundation' according to the bottle, it has an anti shine effect, which is always nice, as I found that the Revlon product I've been using recently gave me far too much of that. It has eight hour coverage, and gives a natural glow to your skin.





I applied the foundation with the Superdrug blending brush. (I myself have never gotten on with the larger than life foundation brushes! So a larger blending brush always works perfectly for me) The consistency is very creamy and soft, and a small dab does actually go a long way, I found myself only having to use about half of what I would with a similar product. The coverage was actually a lot better than I expected, I checked about four hours later, and it was almost as intact as it was upon application. Although when I applied it for a second time with my finger the coverage lasted nowhere near as long, so I think that just shows that when it comes to certain products, a good brush really makes a difference.

Me with the foundation applied. 


The next product was the NYC Colour, smooth and natural Matte Powder foundation. It says that it covers your skin, just like a foundation, and the smooth finish of the powder gives it a shine free complexion on your skin. It even comes with a handy little sponge for application.





I wasn't quite as impressed with the powder as I was with the liquid foundation. I found it very difficult to apply, it's extremely hard to actually get onto my skin, from the sponge, and it's the included sponge, so surely it's what the product is meant to be used with? I found the powder in it self, despite the lovely packaging, a very dry and pasty consistency. Although it was the Ivory shade, the lightest shade in the range, still came out orange on my skin, if you note the areas on either side of my nose in the below picture. I was not impressed at all. 

And this is me with the powder foundation applied

What do you think about NYC products?
I hope you're all well, and if you haven't already, get yourself a beauty card!

Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Home Home Home