frames tables postcards index your description

Sunday 15 May 2011

Tabio Blogging Event

I was lucky enough to be invited to the S/S 11 launch of Japanese Sock and Housey brand Tabio.  It was a bloggers event at their high street kensington store with a truck load of vitamin water, and some amazingly good sandwiches. 

These were pretty amazing, they're thin legwarmers for summer with this innovative, crotched texture to them. The green ones are one of my top picks for summer. 
There is something so grungey and 90s esque about the socks in the last two photos, the acid trip effects are so striking for socks, and they are so bright and summery that I've just fallen in grungey love with them. 

Toe socks! I used to be so obsessed with these things when I was little, I have tiny feet and toes so trying to cram my tiny toes into the socks was amazingly fun! They remind me of something out of 'Where the wild things are' and the originality is clear. 
One tiny eyeshot of the wide selection we had! We got one complimentary item from the collection, and a secret one in the lucky dip in our bags!
The entire front display table was so beautifully inspired by the oient, it had clear anime connotations and no sock would look out of place on a schoolgirl in harajuku. They are all ever so quaint and covered in lace, reminding me imminently of those lace socks you wear with those checked schoolgirl uniforms. 

Sophie Wears:
Vintage sleeveless button up floral blouse: Rokit
Black Bodycon Skirt: Topshop
Heart print tights: Mytights.com
Boots: Kurt Geiger 

See my post tomorrow for the fab freebies I got from the event!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Home Home Home