frames tables postcards index your description

Monday 18 July 2011

Skincare at the Ifabbo event


Ifabbo is a networking agency for beauty, fashion and style bloggers, originally started in the USA and run from their base in Los Angeles they have now branched out to the UK and soon launching in Australia.

To celebrate their exansion to the UK, they thew an event at the ever so lovely Powder Room behind Carnaby Street, I was lucky enough to be invited with many other beauty bloggers to see speeches from some of the sponsoring cosmetic companies and sample their new collections.

One of the skincare brands there was the American based, Murad Skincare, invented by Dr Murad and reigning as the leading skincare brand in Sephora in the USA.


Murad Anti Aging Mousturiser
The moistuiser is part of the hydrate and protect skin step of their skincare lines. The consistency is thick and lusturous, it manages to have enough coverage for my entire face with a small amount and yet still remains non drippy with a thick effect for my skin. It's targeted at blemish prone skin, and I don't particularly suffer from colour related blemises on my skin so I can really only test the effects on my dry and combiation skin, but I don't see why it wouldn't help blemishes. It also has the benefit of SPF 20, making it a perfect summer moistuiser.


Energising Pomegranate Lip Protector SPF 15

This is great to use both as a lip moisturiser, protector for summer and gloss. Summer can be really unhealthy for your lips and make it really easy for them to chap, split and dry out. This moisturises your lips throughout any weather, stops them from chipping and protects them with SPF 15, again making it another must have summer product. It does all the goodness of a balm with a glossy effect, giving you the best of both worlds. Now I've never particularly been a lipgloss girl, it kind of gets everywhere, makes your hair stick to your teeth, but for those girls that do, this is awesome.


Acne and Wrinkle Reducer

This is a cleanser with a gel like consistency to be applied prior to moisturizer. It has a mint like tinge that creates a duey touch to your skin. It works brilliantly to wake up your skin and make a lovely start to any beauty regime. I wouldn't say it's a must have product, but it's good cleanser and you can almost feel the goodness that it's doing to your skin.




Nourishing Eye Cream

This is hands down the best eye cream I have ever used. It has intense moisture for a product with such a light consistency. It hydrates your bags so easily, I loved it so much that I even lent it to my boyfriend's mother to see how she rated it, she also loved it madly. I admit I hadn't actually used Colbert MD products before, but now I'm fully converted and am excited to learn more about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Home Home Home