frames tables postcards index your description

Tuesday 29 March 2011

What's in my make up bag.

Lately, I've been heavily influenced by the range of What's in my bag blogs, so I thought I would give you all an insight into my make up bag and what actually is inside it. Now I am probably the most indecisive person in the world, so this make up regime changes almost constantly, but for now, this is how it goes. 


So to start with, this is my make up bag! It's from an Anna Sui beauty set called Sui dreams and it's rather pretty, although it's far too worn out! As soon as pay day rolls around in T minus three days I am going to invest in a gorgeous Marc Jacobs one that I've had my eye on!



Now I suffer from having quite sensitive and dry skin so Simple skincare have always been one of my favourite brands. I use the 'kind to skin, replenishing, rich moisturiser', it provides twelve hour protection for skin, which really helps the dryness, especially if you use a non moisture based foundation like I do. It also contains no perfumes and no colouring which helps the sensitivity of the skin, as some perfumed moisturisers can really make my skin flare up and encourage redness and a stinging sensation. 


I tend to change foundations to have an experiment around and I love trying new ones! Lately I've been using Revlon's latest one 'Photoready'. Like I said earlier, it doesn't contain it's own self preserving moisture, so you definitely need to use a moisturiser underneath it, but it provides a really good coverage, and I only find myself having to touch up once or twice a day, so it's not like a lot of other moisturisers that I find melted all over my face an hour later! The only thing I would say is that the glitter in it can provide a somewhat Robert Pattinson vampire look in certain lights but it's all together one of the best high street foundations I have found!


Blusher is probably one of the most important components to my make up regime. I have very pale skin, so I very much try to work the rosy cheeks and pink colouring around the face, because I think it's one of the make up tones which flatters me best. Bobbi Brown has to be the ultimate favourite, after wasting so much of my teenage money on Bourjois blusher which crusts over as soon as you buy it, doesn't even come with that mini brush anymore!?, and almost put me off blusher for the longest time. Bobbi Brown provides enough colour, doesn't go patchy as the day progresses and with the right blush can really make the cheeks stand out!



                            

 So, as much as I just slated Bourjois' blusher, I have to say it's quite a different story with their lipstick! They are naturally vibrant with their colourings, the majority circling around the oranges, pinks and reds. Those happen to work amazingly well for my skin tone, so they are the perfect lipstick brand for me! I also love their originality when it comes to the design of their lipstick cases, instead of the normal lid, they have a sliding lid controlled by a metal circle button that sort of works in reverse, it's sublime!

Mascara is one of those things I never change, I have the one that works and I don't think I'll ever change it! I use 'YSL Everlong Mascara'. The easy twist, gold case makes it look as good as it actually is. I do have quite naturally long eyelashes anyway, and so this mascara really does help to define them, in comparison to a lot of others that claim to do so, but actually do not. It presents a uniquely classy look, and escapes from the all too repeated essex girl look, that too many mascaras seem to promote, fall into and scare off many customers with!


My eyes are probably one of the best features about my far too critical self, so my no 7 amazing eyes pencil really is one of the must haves, one end has the kohl eyeliner to define the bottoms of the eyes, and the other end of the stick has the brush to help smudge the line to create a smoky eyes look. Seeing as my facial features are rather dark, I also use it as an eyebrow pencil to help define them or a more full on look. 


So as my make up bag continues to stick with the reds and pinks theme that tends to be going on, we have the wonderwoman pigment by Mac that I blogged about a while ago! 


Nothing is as important as the brush to blend it properly, sticking a finger in the pot isn't only a bit gross, it means you're losing half the powder between your fingernails, and the journey. It also gives you a bit of a twelve year old putting eyeshadow on for the first time, and if you want to go for subtlety and avoid the cheap look that doesn't exactly match the price tag of any MAC product, blending is key!

So there we have it, my make up bag. Do any of you have any products you've been raving about lately? Leave a comment or shoot me a tweet @sophieeryan to let me know!

Love you guys lots!

Sophie xo

1 comment:

  1. i've heard lots of reviews about the ysl mascara; on a scale on 1-10 what would you give it?
    x

    purpletweed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Home Home Home Home