frames tables postcards index your description

Friday 4 March 2011

MAC goes Wonderwoman

Hey everyone I hope you are all good! Today was a very happy make up day. As a lot of you know, my sister is moving to Australia so we had our last day for a very long time of sisterhood around London Town on somewhat of a spree. 
I've been excited about the Mac Wonderwoman collection for a while, whilst a lot of it is repackaged classics, such as the lipstick and lipglass. The pieces I most fantasised about, the eyeliner and the pigments, really do not fail to disappoint. 

PIGMENTS
The pigment I settled on was the bright fuschia, after some lusting after the Marine Ultra, I just had to ask myself when in the world I could really pass off blue eyeshadow, it's an 80s look that I just wasn't born with the superhuman power to pull off. 





The packaging is simply sublime, every layer got more and more exciting! 
The graphic designer for this collection really was amazing, because each piece has it's own unique take on what it means to be a superhero, and it really would never fail to fascinate me. 


So here is the finished look with a mac application small angled brush, the quality of the make up is really quite astounding, as it always is with MAC, this application was put on about twelve hours before the photo was taken, and it still looks just the same as it did upon application. That's something you don't get with most make up. At least you can be assured that you are getting the quality that you are paying for. 

Teamed here with a very subtle touch of Urban Decay glide on, as I reviewed last week and my new YSL mascara (that's coming soon, don't you worry!) it really is a lovely product that I would recommend to anyone. The beauty of their pigments has always been that you can make it as dramatic or subtle as you want, and as you can see here, subtlety is still very much achievable in such a bright and glamorous collection, something that I know has put several people off the collection. 

The other product that I didn't get the chance to purchase due to an indecisive nature and the fact that I don't want to splurge TOO much on payday, as I do need to eat and stuff for the next month.... It's the penultimate eyeliner, it really is like a sharpie pen, or a comic book pen even that would of been used to sketch Wonderwoman herself! The beauty of it being a simple pen that dries INSTANTLY really makes it the easiest application of any eyeliner I have ever used. I go off some eyeliners so much after the amount of disasters I have had with ink pot liquid eyeliners.... believe me you don't want to know. 
I'll definitely be getting it later this month, and review it straight away of course ;)


So here is the finished look, with Bobbi Brown Blusher in Nectar 11, and YSL Mascara in shade 1. 
I also treated myself to those with a diminishing John Lewis discount! I don't want to bombard you so I'll post some reviews of those products over the next week! 
I'd advise you to all rush out and buy the wonderwoman pigments RIGHT NOW, and the eyeliner if you like me are a clutz with eyeliner and don't wish to poison your eyes any more. 
Hope you're all doing amazing! :)
Sophie xo

2 comments:

  1. This looks lovely! The colour is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Was in my local MAC on Saturday and they had all the artists doing so makeup on girls dressed as wonder woman. It was eerily realistic as well.
    You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Home Home Home Home