frames tables postcards index your description

Sunday 13 February 2011

Comfort Heist

I've always been told that I'm an enemy of high fashion, far more Beatrix Potter than Balenciaga, no matter how many times my friends tease at me that I am a 'housewife at nineteen' I can't really fight it. My style is effortless. Leggings, shirts, high collars, little waists and Jane Austen femininity. I feel that sometimes women are tricked into feeling that to be beautiful they have no choice but to wear heels that make their feet bleed, make their vaginas twinkle with diamonds, and diminish any natural shape that their eyebrows once had. 

I've lately noticed that every person alive has a favourite item, something they feel comfortable in, something they love and something they won't ever live without, it's not really anything to be ashamed of, it's signature style at it's purest. 


Mine is an oversized man shirt and leggings. It's rather peculiar as I've never really been a fan of my own bum or legs. To me, they just aren't my most confident features, but everyone has moments like those!
This one is from Gap, it's a silk blend in a lilac colour, with pocket and white button detail. The thing I love about shirts is that they have this effortless feel, you can just lounge around in them all day, although on the flip that they also connote a sultry, sexy tone, aka, it feels like you're wearing your boyfriend's shirt. 

And trust me, I need something comfy that can be switched to both, as even when I'm trying to look nice, I somehow find myself looking like a retard. WELL DONE SOPHIE. 


I hope everyone has had a lovely valentines weekend. Although the weather here in London was not too fun, I spent friday night catching up with some old friends, and saturday having my boyfriend cook me a romantic steak dinner. Leave me comments, tweets or emails. I love you all :)
Soph xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Home Home Home