frames tables postcards index your description

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Minking it off.

Hello everyone how are you all? I've been going on a #NYFW binge lately (you will already know if you follow me on twitter) and I'm just so excited for London Fashion Week! Have you guys organised what shows and parties you are going to? Please email me, tweet me or comment and let me know! :)

I've been browsing the catwalks like hell, and one of my firm favourites has to be Rebecca Minkoff. Her newest collection is so simply sublime. Her concepts are not complicated or strangely avant garde, she designs cool dresses for cool girls like herself. She has just added shoes to her brand and so can now dress the models from head to toe which is something she reveled in this season.
She's the most enthusiastically New York designer I've seen in a while. It's Gossip Girl, bagels and skinny heels. The lines are classic, flattering for so many different body shapes, and the pieces range from shorts to trousers to dresses to skirts. And for it being her first collection debuting heels, I am thoroughly impressed. Straps were here and there, blinding the aesthetic, and the trademark piece that Rebecca is known for, the handbag, was striding the collection forward. Making it stylised, forward thinking and memorable. 

What were your favourite shows this season? I'll be going to New York Fashion Week in September so I'm super excited to hear from you!

All photos courtesy of style.com and rebeccaminkoff.com

Sophie xo

1 comment:

  1. I love Rebecca Minkoff and really wish she would show at LFW. Let's hope she does soon! Your blog is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Home Home Home Home