frames tables postcards index your description

Tuesday 22 February 2011

London Fashion Week Update

So I've been busy for the past couple of days so I thought I'd treat you all to an update on my London Fashion Week schedule, I've seen the Mulberry, Bora Aksu, Ashley Isham, and Jasper Conran shows and have been amazed by all of them (not amazed by leaving my SD card in my computer....)

I've also been very active in the NEW GEN schemes this fashion week, Topshop have been hosting a load of Q & A talks with designers, bloggers and editors all week. The most interesting ones I've attended have been Susie Bubble's talks on blogging and the Q & A session with Grazia Magazine's fashion editor at large, Melanie Rickie and designer, David Koma. Although Susie Bubble's insights into the importance of social media were inspiring, upto date and insightful, the questions made by the small audience we had was incedibly annoying. I'm sure you can imagine "umm how do I get more followers?" "How do I get more people to see my blog?" "How do I get designers to send me free clothes?" I mean REALLY!?

The David Koma and Melanie Rickey talk was this morning at 12:45 (well I suppose that's afternoon, but I'm in deep suffering from LFW jetlag).... The audience didn't particularly fester my attention either, Petit Monstres and I seemed to be the only people serious about fashion, "OH WHOS THAT MAN? ERR THIS IS BORING". As amazing of a platform for fashion, Topshop is with their NEWGEN corporate links, the audience sometimes makes me want to kill myself, the type of people that think Topshop is the most high fashion one can achieve. And whilst I LOVE topshop with a passion for their little pieces and cute kwirks, they really can't be put on a platform with high fashion. 

David Koma spent a lot of the talk giving an insight into the thoughtwork behind his newest AW11 collection that he premiered yesterday, he was inspired by polkadots and the theatricality that they can impose,  a theme that he spent quite a lot of time on in his MA at Central St Martins. 


Hope you've all enjoyed FW! Even if you weren't there, let me know what your favourite designers have been this season!




1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've been having a great week! I'm so jealous!
    I agree I get so frustrated with some of the questions I get- and I'm not even a successful blogger! In the states there are so many people who think coach and juicy are the epitome of style and while they're great, for what they are, they AREN'T high fashion!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Home Home Home Home